A couple of days ago I blogged about Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. I mentioned that I was taking "the dare". I'm daring to live fully right where I'm at. Right here. Right now. Just as I am.
Sometimes a word, a thought, a book resonates with me in a deep and profound way. It touches me in a way that I could not have imagined beforehand, causing me to have an "a ha" moment(s). A different way of thinking. A different way of living.
That is just how God works in my life. More often than not, when I'm least expecting it, He shares with me. In the midst of my day, He meets me. Just where I'm at. He sees me as I move throughout my day and bids me to come and sit at His feet for awhile. Just to be with Him.
Jesus...His calming voice, in the storms of my day.
Jesus...His touch that heals my heart.
Jesus...His love that renews my spirit.
His gifts to me are numerous. Writing each gift down and listing them all, one by one, causes me to focus. I am more keenly aware of His presence in my life as I list the ways He shows me that He loves me. Nothing I list is too small nor too big. God is so good to me.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17 NIV)
Each moment becomes a time of worship, to thank Him.
- Solar-powered curtains automatically control sunlight and shade (greendiary.com)
- Zune Solar Charger Buying Guide (brighthub.com)
- Solar Energy Home - Approaches And Preparations To Minimize Your Current Fees (ideagreenshop.com)
- One Thousand Gifts (queenoftheclick.com)
- Book Review: One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp (seattlepi.com)
- Where You Are Matters (thisido.blogspot.com)
- You Are Unique (jesus-pictures.net)
- The Language of Love (ponderingpastor.blogspot.com)
- The Ann's at My Table (seedlingsinstone.blogspot.com)