Today's blog topic at the Faith Barista Jam is forgiveness.
I don't know about this.
Forgiveness is difficult. Especially, when it is I that have been wronged.
Especially, when I didn't deserve what I got.
I was left hurt. Bruised. Confused. Broken.
How does one forgive through the pain?
Even when the wrong doer doesn't care about the pain he/she caused....
The sleepless nights.....
The actions that played in my head like a never ending movie reel...
I was a prisoner in my own unforgiveness.
It wasn't pleasant. I didn't enjoy it. But, I couldn't let it go.
I didn't know how.
God showed me.
It didn't happen all at once.
It was work.
I still work at it.
I've learned that forgiveness is a gift.
Not just to the forgiven....but, to the one forgiving.
A gift of peace.
How can I not forgive others, when Christ has so richly forgiven me?
"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
- The Beauty Of Forgiveness (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness is Miraculous (psychologytoday.com)
- The Best Way (truth4today.wordpress.com)
- "Give Yourself a Gift" (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- Forgive? Forget? Not so fast with relationships (knoxnews.com)
- Forgiveness (socyberty.com)
- Forgiveness (theotherjesus.com)
- Forgive...and let live (timesunion.com)
- The Phases of Forgiveness - 2 Corinthians 2:5-8 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- What is Forgiveness? (socyberty.com)
- The honesty to forgive (sincemydivorce.com)
- Learning to Forgive (socyberty.com)