For the past week or so, on and off, I've been blogging about mice. The little field vermin have managed to find their way into my house. Notice I said MY house although they seem to think they have ownership too. My kids (and the cat) caught the one from last week and that is all wonderful and fine, but the furball had relatives...and they are many.
The other evening I was in the pantry looking for some ingredients, so I could whip together a dinner worthy of Taste of Home.....when I heard a scratch. A scratch nearby. I froze. Just then a teeny little head poked it's way out of a Walmart bag, that I have a pile of, on the pantry floor. I don't know who was more freaked out. Him or me?! After gaining my composure I stomped (so as to scare him away and not have him run up my pants legs or something) over to where I keep the glue traps. I pulled one out and slapped it down on the floor. Some of you might think I'm cruel, but all is fair in love and war. This is war!
I'm still hearing scratching in the ceiling. I fear that I am going to have to suit up like a character from Ghost Busters, and trek up to the attic. It is unnerving to me....but a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. The attic is shadowy and dark. The puny little light bulb we have up there is not enough. This will give the rodent army the advantage. I on the other hand, like to think that I am much smarter than they are. I can woo them with peanut butter and cheese. Think of it as their last meal because they are dead mice walking.
I assume that they will watch me from the shadows with their beady little eyes. I will tell them, "This house isn't big enough for the 200 of us. ( I really have no idea the number of mice in the attic. It could be 3 or 3 million, who really knows? They all look the same.) It's me against you varmints! I will throw down the gauntlet. They will squeak in fear. Or not.
The saga continues...
- The Mousetrap (anukp.wordpress.com)
- After complaint, NYPD tries a better mousetrap (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The mouse trap (jambujoseph.com)
- Netflix Builds Better Mousetrap, Learns ABCs (reelseo.com)
- PETA Praises NYPD For Mousetrap Switch (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NYPD using new mousetraps after PETA complaint (hosted.ap.org)
- Survival Of The Fittest - Part 2 (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- There Is Always Quiet Before The Storm... (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Eat from the Pantry Challenge - Done! (momblognetwork.com)
- The real Danger Mouse: airport rodents trained to sniff out terrorists (dailymail.co.uk)
- Ghost Busters ()
- Mice trained for airport security (telegraph.co.uk)
- Bye-bye sniffer dogs! Now, trained mice to sniff out terrorists at airports! (news.bioscholar.com)
- Nutrition News: Walmart to Invest In Selling Healthier Foods (blisstree.com)