Yesterday I was really, really sick. Today I am just really sick. (There is a difference...the extra really from yesterday means I felt like I was on my death bed.)
10 REASONS I HATE BEING SICK
1. My stomach is making all sorts of odd noises that I have a feeling is not going to bode well for me.
2. I had to get up to use the bathroom yesterday afternoon, from where I was laying in the throes of death, on the couch. I didn't have the energy to move. Alas, I made myself get up...because I didn't like the alternative.
3. I didn't feel like eating. The thought of food gagged me, yet if I didn't eat something my blood sugar would drop and I'd be in serious trouble. Yuck. Why is it I only feel this way when I'm sick? How come I can't have an aversion to food for the rest of the time? It would seriously help with the dieting. Sigh.
4. I was freezing cold. I had on sweat pants, a shirt, a sweatshirt, thick socks and a scarf around my neck. I also had on 3 blankets and I was still cold. How annoying is that? Normally, I tend towards being hot. I had a brief flash of what I was going to be going through in another 10 years. Cold and hot flashes because my body thermostat is going to be all wonky. Ugh. I attempted to wipe that thought from my mind.
5. I couldn't get my pillows fluffed correctly and it was driving me nuts. For the love of pete! Why can't the pillows cooperate with me? Can't they see I'm dying?!
6. I glanced at myself yesterday in the mirror. Scary does not describe it. I could have been an extra on the movie Dawn Of The Dead. Actually, the zombies would have looked better than I did. I wish I was kidding.
7. I watched a marathon of Without A Trace on ION yesterday afternoon and evening. Because I wasn't moving from the couch. Ever. Well, unless I had to use the bathroom. (refer back to #2)
8. I was so tired. Like dead tired. (refer back to #6)
9. I was achy. I did ask my family members to rub my shoulders. Which they did. Because they love me...and they didn't want to hear me whine.
10. Being sick stinks...but, I think I am on the mend. I hope. Though I wouldn't mind laying on the couch this afternoon watching TV show marathons.
- "Walking Dead": Zombies for a recession-age America (salon.com)
- AMC's The Walking Dead Is a Massive Zombie Hit (escapistmagazine.com)
- Top 10 Zombie Movies: The Gold Standard in Zombie Movies (brighthub.com)
- help me lessen the stink (ask.metafilter.com)
- Out Sick - Sorry for the lack of Posts from The Dump Stat (thedumpstat.blogspot.com)
- Wordless Wednesday: I'm Sick of Being Sick!!! I Look Like Crap..... (wmljshewbridge.blogspot.com)
- Can you get sick from your own germs? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Real People Sick. (sixuntilme.com)
- Menopause-Facts. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Rant: I'd Rather Be Sick Than Follow These Healthy People Secrets (crushable.com)
- Sick, Sick, Sick (mythoughtsideasandramblings.com)