My husband and I were out this morning when we saw a hawk in flight.
He dove right in front of our van.
We think he had breakfast in his strong talons.
I watched him race across the air.
Nature is harsh, even brutal
It is also beauty
Etched into the moment.
- Hawk saved by Montreal police, pedestrian (cbc.ca)
- Red-tailed Hawk and Birding results (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Bird of the Week - Red-tailed Hawk (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- What is the largest species of hawk in America? (greenanswers.com)
- Red-shouldered Hawk (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- The Wilds preserve in Central Ohio provides ideal winter hunting grounds for Arctic raptors (cleveland.com)
- Another Red-tailed Hawk (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Delta, Delta, Delta Airlines... (hilarytopper.com)
- Lure of the lights (bbc.co.uk)
- World's First Hummingbird Drone Can Perform Loops (wired.com)