Saturday, February 5, 2011

Don't Expect Perfection



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="290" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Animation of the structure of a section of DNA...[/caption]


Don't expect perfection from me because it's not going to be happening. Oh, I try. Sometimes, I find myself trying too much. Fretting over the coulda, shoulda, woulda's of life.

There are days when I lament the fact that I am not taller. Or thinner. Or funnier. Or that I would read my Bible more. Or be more thrifty..or....or......or...... the list can go on and on, can't it?

After I have my pity party, I come back to reality. I will never be perfect. I just won't.

God knows that.

And that is okay.

As much as I don't like to share my imperfections with the world, it is those very imperfections that draw people to me. It is the same with you.

This life is not about being perfect. Perfect is not attainable. Being real is more important.

It's when I take off the "expectations", and strive instead, to be the one that I was created to be, that things change. I begin to see the glory in the moments. I see God's hand in my life.

My DNA says that I am unique. I am special. There is no one just like me. Not in all the world. That is pretty amazing stuff if you think about it.

God is pretty amazing...and incredible...and He really IS perfect.

And yet, He still loves me.

Imperfections and all.

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your post.
    Nan
    PS.Thank you for your best wish for our Lebua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I strive to be perfect and then beat myself up when I can't reach my goals. It's nice to be reminded that we can't be perfect and that we should stand on grace not perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post about a subject people may not quite understand. Perfectionism --I've had my share. Not good because you get very little done, and what you do get done is never good enough. God is freeing me from that, along with many other misconceptions. I'll be back

    ReplyDelete