It is in the quiet when I hear His voice.
The TV blares the day's latest news.
The kids are talking.
The phone rings.
I hear my husband's voice as he answers a call.
The dishwasher hums.
My computer keys click.
The dogs bark.
I live in a cacophony of noises.
Noises of the every day. Noises of urgency. Noises of my life.
My soul realizes that something is missing. I long for the quiet peace that comes from just being in His presence.
Just being with Him, the One who created me, and knows me most intimately.
I come to be renewed. Rejuvenated. Cleansed.
I sit at His feet and listen.
- Quiet, Please! (blessedsilence.wordpress.com)
- Can people over 40 hear dog whistles (wiki.answers.com)
- How to Sleep with a Lot of Noise (socyberty.com)
- Healthy Memphis: Loud noise can harm your hearing, increase stress (commercialappeal.com)
- It's so much better in the sunlight. (oceanaria.blogspot.com)
- Noise from road traffic 'increases stroke risk' (telegraph.co.uk)
- Two Books about Noise (3quarksdaily.com)