Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Noises Of The Every Day



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by rishibando via Flickr"]Sunlight.[/caption]


It is in the quiet when I hear His voice.

The TV blares the day's latest news.

The kids are talking.

The phone rings.

I hear my husband's voice as he answers a call.

The dishwasher hums.

My computer keys click.

Music plays.

The dogs bark.

I live in a cacophony of noises.

Noises of the every day. Noises of urgency. Noises of my life.

My soul realizes that something is missing.  I long for the quiet peace that comes from just being in His presence.

Just being with Him, the One who created me, and knows me most intimately.

I come to be renewed. Rejuvenated. Cleansed.

I sit at His feet and listen.







1 comment:

  1. I like this post. It reminds me of Luke 10:38-42, where Mary chose to sit at Jesus' feet.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. I did a double take when I clicked over to yours---great theme, by the way! :)

    I subscribed to your blog via Wordpress, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. (I like what I've seen so far. I saw your post about the One Thousand Gifts dare and the one about your poor dog in the high winds!)

    I'm trying to follow you on Twitter, but I'm having some technical difficulties. See you around!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete