Thursday, February 17, 2011

Living The Moments



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by beccaplusmolly via Flickr"]winter trees[/caption]


Outside the window, is gray.

The day, not sure whether to continue to clutch at winter

or move towards a rainy Spring.

My thoughts center around the gray in my life.

The "inbetween" days. The "not sure" times.

What do I do with those?

I stop.

I open my eyes.

I see the moments.

I'm beginning to realize that life is made up of the inbetween moments.

Not the life shattering surprises, or the mountain top experiences,

but in the all too fleeting moments of the everyday.

I don't want to wake up, years from now, to regret.

I don't want to speed through my days only to wish I had fully lived.

Lived in the moments.

Appreciating the smoky grays of the sky on a February morning.

The warm light in the kitchen.

The sound of my son as he excitedly tells me about a book he is reading.

The dog licking my toes.

My husband's smile.

I slow down.

And I am thankful

to the One who gifts me with the moments.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm having one of those "in between days" thanks for reminding me to treasure in and not to regret it! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!

    Thank you for starting my day with a smile and reminding me to be thankful for the "between" days :)

    ReplyDelete