Monday, February 14, 2011

Death Warmed Over



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by ThrasherDave via Flickr"]I'm sick - February 2, 08[/caption]


I am now in my fifth day of sickness. I do not like being sick. Just puttin' that out there. Even laying on the couch in the throes of death, gets old.

I feel and look rough. To say the least.....and at this point I don't even care. I just want to feel better!

I took a hot shower this morning, thinking that might help me feel better. The thought crossed my mind that I could just stay in the shower until I turned into a shriveled up prune. Or passed out. Whichever came first. My family would eventually find me.

After pulling on some yoga pants and a sweatshirt I trudged out to the kitchen. The house had not yet fallen apart (since I've pretty much been out of commission since last Thursday). I put dishes in the dishwasher and vacuumed some of the rugs that were covered in Lonnie fur. It was not very strenuous work as I have a vacuum that pretty much steers itself.

That was it for me today. I need to do laundry, maybe I will try that tomorrow. I'll have to do it tomorrow...either that or just be naked. Since I'm not a nudist, I suppose laundry it will be. Hopefully, I will wake up tomorrow morning with a renewed vigor. Full of life. Feeling healthy!!! (and not like death warmed over)

Thank you, my readers, for being patient with me (and my blogging) while I've been sick.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am sure your husband and children would enjoy doing the laundry this week. Keep resting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending tons of hugs!!! (The internet kind rock, because I can hug a sick friend and NOT get cooties!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you poor baby girl..hope you wake up tomorrow feeling your normal perky self..missed seein you Sunday at church..Darn it, tell that bug to get going, and YOU meanit..right now would be good : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been to the doctor yet....if not..it is time!!!! Hope you feel better soon. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete