Those of you that read my blog know I am a Christian, wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. I'm a writer, ponderer (is that a real word?), romantic, nostalgic, and a teacher. I have my blond moments, melt downs, and flip outs. I prefer organization and can lean a little towards being compulsive....but, only about certain things. Believe me on that.
So, today has been crazy for me. I don't know if I'm coming or going. Or am I here or have I already left the building? You know what I mean? Haven't we all had those type of days?
You Know You Are Losing It When...
1. You find yourself standing at the kitchen sink, holding the sink strainer, and are actually wondering what that gunk IS in there? And worse yet, how did it get in there?
2. Your elderly dog takes glucosamine. The meds are orange flavored. You contemplate tasting it to see if it really DOES taste like orange. Like the dog cares. He thinks it's a treat.
3. You start to watch the news while making dinner. Instead of truly listening to what is going on in the world, you find yourself staring at the news reporter, thinking that he has a huge forehead and he'd look a lot better if he styled his hair differently.
4. While driving into town today, your child mentions that something stinks in the mini-van. You sigh....and then turn up the talk radio station even louder. It helps to drown out the thoughts about what could be rotting in the back cup holders, or under the seat.
5. You "skate" across the kitchen floor in your socks, while holding a spatula, singing Christmas tunes...and your family members don't even consider that strange.
6. You sprayed way to much Yankee Candle, mistletoe scented spray on the fake Christmas trees. For the love of Pete would someone throw open a window...I think I'm getting a mistletoe buzz.
7. The collie (not the older dog) keeps dumping the entire bowl of dog food in the snow. Then hides the bowl.
8. You start to believe that you actually look pretty sexy in your "Clifford the Big Red Dog" apron, as you fix dinner.
9. You try not to think about the fact that the ground beef you are browning for dinner used to be a cow at some point. Sniff. Sniff.
10. Okay, so maybe I'm not certifiable.....unless you look under the word MOM. Then you realize that losing one's mind comes with the territory.
By the way, the cat is staring at me as I type. HE KNOWS.
- Jesse Kornbluth: Christmas Carol: Part Two (huffingtonpost.com)
- Warning over mistletoe habitat (bbc.co.uk)
- Celebrate the Season, But Keep the Focus on Your Wedding (bayareabrideguide.com)
- Yankee Candle - >30% off Entire Purchase Coupon (stlavonlady.wordpress.com)
- Clifford the Big Red Dog:Thinking Activities (brighthub.com)
- FarmVille: Mistletoe Tree and Ornament Tree now available (games.com)
- The Word "Mistletoe" Literally Means "Dung Twig" (todayifoundout.com)
- Mistletoe warning puts Christmas kisses at risk (bbc.co.uk)
- Mistletoe could vanish with 20 years, says National Trust (guardian.co.uk)
- Mistletoe and... (bbc.co.uk)
- Nostalgia mixes with joy as Iraqi Christians celebrate Christmas in Canada (theglobeandmail.com)
- War on Christmas: The Red Cross bans Christmas so as not to offend Muslims (theblogprof.blogspot.com)
- Humbled By The TRUE Miracles Of Christmas; Angels In Social Media (theplussizemommy.com)