Normally, I am an organized person. I love my calendars, daytimer, and to do list. This Christmas season has seen me running in circles, and having the feeling of not getting much accomplished. I told my daughter this morning that I have yet to watch more than ONE of my all time favorite Christmas movies. The only reason I was able to watch The Bishop's Wife (with Cary Grant) is that I squeezed it in WHILE I was balancing my checkbook. How sad is that?
I had such high hopes of eating warm cookies, and drinking hot chocolate while watching Christmas movies. I would have plenty of time to shop and wrap gifts. Yes, in my mind it was going to be like a Norman Rockwell picture or a print from Currier and Ives. Sigh. Instead it looked more like this....
1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T SHIP BY CHRISTMAS???!!! You have to ship by Christmas. There are lives at stake! Namely mine.
2. I think the tree is leaning forward. Can we prop something under the stand? What would fit up under there without knocking it over?
3. Why are the lights blinking? Stop the blinking. I'm about to have a seizure!
4. I'm too tired to make cookies tonight.That is pretty tired, people.
5. The materials for the gingerbread house are still in the box. Wow, the picture on the box looks really cute. Maybe we could just cut the picture out and prop it up. Will people even notice?
6. I asked my son if he'd be offended if I just chucked his and his brother and sister's gifts under the tree and forgot the gift wrapping? He just stared at me. Really? Okay, fine. It was worth a try.
7. My company will be welcomed to our house through a pet cluttered deck, and into a laundry (alas, mud) room. The floor is covered in mud and snow.....and quite frankly, at this point I don't care. This is our life. Mud and all.
8. If I get cut off in the parking lot at Wal-mart one more time, I might have holiday road rage. On the up side, my mug shot could be used for next year's Christmas card.
9. Speaking of Christmas cards, I had such good intentions. Really. I did.
10. I'm playing Mary (as in Jesus mother) this year. It's an Advent monologue that I am performing this Sunday. I love drama. I just hope I can remember my lines! Breathe in.....breathe out.......
Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Home By Christmas Movie Review - Misandry For Christmas (screenhead.com)
- 10 Holiday Date Ideas (artofmanliness.com)
- Come To Think Of It: 'Tis the Season for Green and Other Bits of Creativity (chicagonow.com)
- Green Holidays: Gift Wrap (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Top Five Things on My Christmas Wish List! (socyberty.com)
- The Road To Christmas Movie Review - Shocking Ending, Not Much Else (screenhead.com)
- Eighteen Classic Christmas Movies From The 1940s (socyberty.com)
- 13 Favorite Christmas Movies (socyberty.com)
- Get organised for Christmas (takechargesolutions.org)
- Need Some Gift Wrap Ideas? (piecefuljoy.wordpress.com)
- Fave Christmas Movies of All time (missblue02.wordpress.com)
- refilling your eggnog. (marykathryntyson.wordpress.com)
- Alone at Christmas? (thbloom.wordpress.com)
- Christmas film seasons and special screenings (guardian.co.uk)
- Movie in the Park in December? A Christmas Story in the Loop (chicagoist.com)
- What is YOUR favorite Christmas movie? Vote in our poll! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Top 5 Christmas Movies (brighthub.com)
- How To Stay In Shape This Holiday Season (hellobeautiful.com)
- Guide to Christmas Movies (brighthub.com)
- The Christmas Season: Why I Love It Plus Awesome Gift Ideas For The Ones On Your List (radicalparenting.com)