Friday, December 10, 2010

Lights! Camera! Freezing!



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Christmas lights in a residential neighbourhoo...[/caption]


The plan was to dazzle the night with our pretty icicle lights. This past Monday evening my husband said to me, "I've got some time...let's go out and start hanging the Christmas lights on the porch." (You know, before it's actually Christmas!)
1. In a snap I threw on my coat, scarf, ear flap hat with a tassel on top, and my gloves. Oh yeah, and my boots. Baby, I was ready for action.

2. Scott and I had untangled the lights as best we could.

3. Scott got on the ladder to hang the icicle lights around the bottom of the roof on our front porch. He is the man!

4. I was the "helper".

5. If he needed anything up there.

6. Um...he did most of the work and I was his moral support.

7. In this lighting endeavor.

8. It was freezing cold. Literally.

9. The wind was blowing.

10. And it was dark.

11. And we were outside in it.

12. The cold had numbed our brain cells.

13. Merry Christmas.

14. As I was losing feeling in my fingers, and Scott had no ears left.....

15. I stuck my head in the front door.

16. And yelled for my son to run and get my camera.

17. It's important to take pictures of these type of family events. For posterity's sake. Really.

18. I jumped off the porch, telling my hubby to just keep working, even as I took video footage.

19. I had to walk down the yard, to get the full effect.

20. The snow was blowing.

21. If I slipped, I might possibly not be found until the Spring thaw.

22. Found with a video camera frozen to my hand.

23. Footage of my man hanging lights.

24. How pretty they look!

25. Wow. That was hard work. I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment