Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wanting To Go Postal At Walmart



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Pharmacy Rx symbol[/caption]


I am now calm enough to blog about my Walmart fiasco. I nearly had a melt down.

1. I went in last Monday to drop off my son's prescription. (La la la....a nice day:)

2. It is a common medicine.

3. I've done it a million times before.(at least it seems that way, because I'm the one who has to visit the pharmacy all the time)

4. I went in Tuesday morning to pick it up.( big smile. lovely day.)

5. Sorry, we're out of the meds is what the pharmacy tech told me.

6. Why didn't I get a call? This is a wasted trip. (still smiling. still calm.)

7. Sorry mam. Computers don't make phone calls.(says the young chick at the counter who flipped her hair around while she spoke AT me)

8. PEOPLE DO! IT'S CALLED COURTESY, IF YOU ARE OUT OF MEDS. LUCKY FOR YOU NO ONE IS DYING. (was my kind reply)

9. The medicine will be in by 5pm TOMORROW.(she snarks at me)

10. Fine!

11. I couldn't go on Wednesday evening.

12. So I went with my son Thursday morning. Before his class. (We left early)

13. I waited in the line at the pharmacy behind an elderly couple who had at least 10 meds between them.(bless their hearts)

14. I was trying to be patient, but I only had a few minutes until I had to have my son to his class.

15. Tick. Tock.

16. S-L-O-W

17. I am about to scream. (At least in my head)

18. I finally got to the cashier at the counter.

19. This was a different pharm. tech.

20. An older lady.

21. Sorry we are out of those meds.

22. WHAT???!!!!

23. After I um....show my irritation......the pharmacist overheard me.

24. Mam. I am so sorry. That first tech should not have told you that the meds would be in.

25. That does nothing for me now. We are totally out of meds. I've been here THREE times. Still nothing. I mean do I need to schedule an appointment to get the medication? I thought Walmart was all about customer service.

26. THAT is a huge let down. Ugh.

27. The pharmacist called Krogers (grocery) next door. They had the meds.

28. My son and I drove over to the next shopping center.

29. I went in. I dropped off the prescription. (which Wmart had given back)

30. Can't have it ready until after 12.

31. AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

32. We drove clear across town to his school.

33. Dropped him off. (with no meds)

34. I drove clear BACK across town to pick up the meds.

35. I get the stinkin' meds in my possession.

36. FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!

37. I haven't been this frustrated or frazzled  in a long time.

38. My own blood pressure was probably sky high at this point. It's a wonder I didn't stroke out.

39. I can understand why some people go postal.

40. I have a headache just reliving this ordeal.

Thank you for listening to my vent. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled life.

6.

5 comments:

  1. Would it surprise you if I told you that happened to me last week? Seriously. Only they were MY antipsychotic (yup) drugs and NOBODY not even the MANUFACTURER had it. I don't use it for antipsychosis but they still don't want to take that chance do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father has the same problem with the Wal-Mart here in town. They are always out of one of his meds. He has finally given up, and taken everything to Walgreens as I suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to find a new pharmacy! I think you deserve a nice hot fudge sundae as a reward for not throttling the pharmacy tech. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, I think you are right! Hot fudge makes things better. That day, I think the tech noticed my eye tic was getting worse...and the vein in my temple was starting to throb. It probably scared her a little bit:)

    Thanks for your comment...I went and looked at your blog. So funny! Do you require dues to join the funny farm? I have 1 husband, 3 teens, 2 dogs (soon to be 3), 4 cats, and 1 horse.That alone should allow me membership. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Wanting To Go Postal At Walmart (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete