Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day Of The Year



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="173" caption="Image by Chiot's Run via Flickr"]Chiot's Run 2011 Calendar[/caption]


TIME

Seconds to minutes

Minutes to hours

Hours to days

Days to weeks

Weeks to years...

Here I sit on the last day of the year, wondering where all the time went. I contemplate what I've done this past year. I analyze the details of my life. I smile at all the things I have accomplished. I fret about all the things I've left undone. I believe I could have said more. I wonder about what I should have left unsaid.  Aahh...we all walk a fine line, don't we?

Each day brings new opportunities. Sometimes I grab the opportunity. Sometimes I let it go. Sometimes I'm glad, other times I have regret.

There are people that are gone from my life. New friendships were made. Some individuals faithfully remain.

I'm one year older and hopefully at least a little wiser.

Tonight is the end of the old and the beginning of the new.

It's always exciting to think of starting a new year with a clean slate. The possibilities.... The opportunities.... The path less taken.

Happy New Year!

 

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, this year did go by swiftly. Here's to 2011!

    I stopped by today for two reasons. One is to say Happy New Year! The second, to thank you once again for allowing me to feature your poetry on my site. It's been four months since I first started Poetic License and it is time to feature all four months together in one post.

    Please stop by once again on January 3rd to see the eight new poems and to see the Tri-annual magazine with your poem featured once again. I hope you like it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete