Friday, December 24, 2010

Life On The Road



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Tim Hortons in Ottawa, ON, Canada[/caption]


I won the alphabet game!! Woo hoo! It's the small things in life that matter...especially when stuck bonding with family on a 9 hour road trip. Usually, my husband wins the alphabet game on family trips. He said he was busy driving and couldn't fully concentrate. Excuses. Excuses. I take my wins however I can get them.

We played Crack The Code (a mystery card game), and Twenty Questions which my husband also almost always wins.  My husband and I listened to talk radio, and the kids played on their PSP's, and computer.  We listened to our oldest son recite poetry. All in all no one pulled their hair out it was a good trip. Family togetherness. Because between the luggage, Christmas presents, and junk we were crammed in like sardines

I am not a fan of toll roads. A family is pretty much stuck in the matter of where to eat dinner on the road. If one gets off the toll road, one pays. Or if one gets off accidentally, thinking it's a rest area, one pays. Not that, that happened to us. Arrgh.

We ended up eating at Tim Horton's. I love Tim Hortons for coffee and hot chocolate, but the food is highway robbery expensive. That's true of most eating establishments these days.

We survived had a good trip.  Enjoying today. Visiting family. Relaxing. Life is good.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Lol the alphabet game is the best.. my mom always wins. My fave thing to do on the long road trips is to sing annoying songs.
    THIS IS THE SONG THAT NEVER ENDS IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIENDS....
    My mom got tired of that one and taught me Henry the 8th... yeah she regretted that in a hurry. Hope you have a very merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete