Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A New Chapter



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Atomische • Tom Giebel via Flickr"]Times Square Ball - New Year's Eve 2008[/caption]


The end of one year, the start of another. The possibilities, the choices, the opportunities.

In my life, I've been accused of thinking too much. I take  this declaration with a grain of salt. Too much thinking? How is that possible? What is the result of thinking too much?  Or not enough thinking? Or at all? I like to mull things over. Long after a conversation...I'm still going over the content of what was said.

I like to ponder what this new year will hold. I become contemplative during this time of year.

Each year brings new possibilities. Not because New Years Day is some sort of magic key, but because it is more like a door to the unknown. None of us really knows what will happen to us this year. We can have our plans, but many times life does not go as planned. Sometimes it careens off course. We end up on a road that we never intended to travel.

Sometimes things that seem "bad", turn out to have lessons that are good for me. Other times I've made poor choices and I've suffered through the consequences of those choices. Sometimes it is a bitter pill to swallow. Yet, sometimes events happen that are completely out of my control. I could not have changed them even if I desperately wanted to. One just never knows how things will turn out.

We all hope for a good year, abet, even a great one! We all want joy in our lives. Moments that matter. The opportunity to make a positive difference. Fulfillment. Friendships. Love.

I can plan. I can make changes. I can try to be even more organized and productive. Ultimately, God is the one who chooses how this year will proceed. It is He that is sovereign. It is He that makes life interesting and worthwhile...and I can rest in that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm told quite often I think too much. It gets exhausting lol. The over analyzing the worrying... that is my new years desire. Selective thinking.. trying to let be what is and not try to have control over every little thing. Things will work out the way they are suppose to regardless.
    Happy New year's !

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] A New Chapter (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete