Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Everyone Has A Story...



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Charles Kuralt, Host from 1979–1994[/caption]


My husband gave me the DVD set of the late Charles Kuralt, On The Road series. The series used to air on CBS Sunday. Mr. Kuralt and crew were in an RV, traversing the highways and bi-ways of America. He met people in the big cities and small towns of this country. His key phrase had him wondering what was "up around the bend". Even though I was a child for most of his years on TV, and don't really remember watching the series, I am intrigued by his travels, now, as an adult.

One day, I hope to "hit the road" for an extended period of time. Meet people. Write their stories. I long to see America in a way that isn't shown on the nightly news. There is something to be said for taking time to go down the road less traveled, to sit and listen to stories that  might otherwise never be heard.

I think that is why I love blogging so much...and reading other people's blogs. I get to meet people in a sense...get to know them. Just like a book can take me to a place I've never been...my blog friends show me their lives in parts of the country that I've never had opportunity to visit. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment