Sunday, March 30, 2008

Smash and Grab

While my children and I were in church this morning some thieves came into the church parking lot, broke out the window in my car and took all my electronic equipment. Along with plenty of other items. Four or five other cars got hit at the same time. We didn't hear a thing. It wasn't until we came outside that we saw the glass everywhere. I was (and am) sick to my stomach over the whole thing. This happened in broad daylight, next to a well traveled road, while people are inside worshiping. The forensics officer who came with the crime lab to get finger prints and lists of items stolen said it was a smash and grab. Whatever they could pawn they took. If you ask me, it takes a real piece of work to steal from others. The officer said people often do this sort of thing to get quick cash...usually for drugs. In the big scheme of things they did just steal "things", and no one was hurt. That is what matters the most. It doesn't take away from the frustration of dealing with fixing the broken car, and dealing with insurance. It's not fair....but then again life isn't always fair, is it? Lots of bad things happen to good people. I know the Lord will take care of us. We'll be fine, even if it is a nuisance to deal with. I have a feeling that the people that did this are a lot worse off then I am. The pain they caused from the material things they stole is nothing compared to what's lacking in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment