Thursday, March 27, 2008

Samson the Shedder

I've mentioned before that we have a cat named Samson. Samson is a long, long, (did I mention long?) haired cat. He is a cat that sheds. It drives me nuts. I'm constantly getting the lint brush after him. I have even gone so far as to get one of my used dryer sheets to wipe him down. (Hey, he does have that lovely lavender scent after I get through with him.) He is a very laid back cat, which in the big scheme of things is good. He pretty much lives in a crazy house so he's used to anything we throw at him. (not literally) So here is the deal with Samson and me this week. A belt broke in my spiffy G5 Kirby vacuum cleaner. I LOVE my vacuum cleaner and I LOVE to vacuum. Just between you and me I probably need some therapy for that.....Anyway, the belt broke so I have not been able to vacuum. Not only was this traumatic for me, the fur got out of control. Tonight I could stand it no longer. I took the plastic pet brush to get Samson's fur out of my rug. I pulled up so much fur it looked like a dead rat laying there on the floor. (Get the picture?) Ewww.....I called the kids in to look at it. They laughed their heads off. I could have knit a sweater from the stuff. Gross. I want my vacuum back!!!

Speaking of knitting a sweater out of pet fur.....you want to hear something gross? This is the honest truth. I saw a story on TV the other night (probably FOX). This couple loved their two dogs very much and the dogs got old and passed away. The man and woman had the dogs fur spun into yarn and she made his and hers sweaters out of it! Can you believe it?! There was a picture of them wearing the sweaters. Yuck. I'm sorry but they looked like dog fur. I just think that would be yucky. I mean wouldn't that be the equivalent of us making sweaters out of our hair? Ick.

Okay. That was my thought for the day. Sad, I know. That's the best I could do:)

No comments:

Post a Comment