Monday, March 24, 2008

Baptism of A Famous Muslim

Hmmm......What to think of the converted Muslim man who was baptized by the Pope on Easter? Now, this man says his and his wife's lives are being threatened. Hmm.......again. Muslims upset that he converted and upset that he felt the need to be baptized in such a public way. I don't know his reasoning for requesting such a public baptism, but nonetheless that was his decision to make. He had to know that it would not be taken well within the Muslim community. They are highly offended by this action. I just wonder what will happen, if anything, because of his conversion? In many of the more militant Islamic countries of this world, conversion would mean sure death. It got me to thinking about so many brothers and sisters in Christ all over the world that live under daily persecution for their faith in Jesus Christ. I like to believe my faith is so strong that I would rather die then forsake my Lord. Scary. Who knows? Maybe some day it will come to that. In the meantime we, as Christians, need to remember our brothers and sisters in Christ who face life and death challenges every day---and do so because of what we celebrated yesterday. A God that lives! They know the Truth. Everyone comes to a time in their own life where they must ask them self the life altering question---What do I really believe about Jesus? I either think He was a lunatic, a liar, or truly is Lord. After all, Christ, claimed to be the Son of God. He said, " I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life". He didn't say he was ONE of the ways. He IS the way. He claimed, No one comes to the Father but by ME. So the question to ask yourself is this: What do I believe? Do I think he was crazy and talking out of his head about nonsense? Therefore He is a lunatic? Do I think he was a liar and was trying to deceive people? OR do I believe Him and take Him at His word and call Him Lord? Think about it. Seriously, think about it. Your answer will change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment