Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama's Pastor

I'm watching FOX news this morning. They are discussing the inflammatory sermons (?) from the man that is pastor of Obama's (former?) church. I cannot believe that the Lord condones the hateful speech that comes out of this man's mouth. Color has very little to do with it...Just because this man is black and leads a black congregation does not give him the right to speak hate, or crudeness. (I'm referring to his crude comment about Bill Clinton "riding dirty". I believe Bill Clinton was wrong but the pulpit is certainly not the place to discuss that!) To proclaim, "God, damn this country!" Now, how is that edifying to the congregation? I think someone who stands in a pulpit and proclaims to be a speaker of God's word will be held accountable for the things that he speaks.....if not by people, then eventually by the Lord himself. Jesus Christ was mocked, jeered at, and despised by his own people, yet he never sinned. He lived a blameless life. It is my personal belief that Jesus was not a fair skinned blue eyed man when he walked this earth. He was a middle eastern, Jewish man. I'm sure he had darker skin and hair. If he was here today I'm sure he would probably have people to treat him poorly because of his appearance and nationality, but I do not believe he would have ever spoken hateful words to them. He would have spoken from a loving heart for people who did not even deserve His love. This whole thing is a reminder to me of how desperately we all need the Lord...whether we are a controversial pastor, a teacher, a business man or a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment