Monday, May 2, 2011

Slow Down and Take a Deep Breath...



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Screenshot of Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed in ...[/caption]


It's Monday and I already know it will be a very busy Monday. I have much to accomplish today, lots to check off my mental to do list. I can already feel my body tensing, and my mind racing at top speed. How can I be most efficient with my time? How will I get everything completed?

Not enough time! Not enough time!

Slow down. Take a breath.

Say thank you.

Breathe in the joy of the everyday.

Exhale... thanks.

A gift. I need to slow myself...and appreciate, be in awe of the fleeting moments.

I have a sign hanging in my kitchen, a sign my oldest son gave me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I keep the sign up year round.

"It's a Wonderful Life" , beautifully matted and framed.

Yes, it is the title of a favorite holiday movie.....but, it could... and should be my motto.

Because thankfulness does bring joy--  And joy makes for a wonderful life.

A daily reminder.

* Emerald green, springtime grass

* Wet smell after the rain

* Eggs and toast for breakfast

* Long hugs from my child

* My husband laughing

* A good nights sleep

* Opportunity

* Friendship

* A floor that needs swept

* A bathroom that needs cleaned

* Errands to run

* Candles in the windows

* A full eucharisteo board

* Bare feet on concrete

* The smell of coffee

* Hands and fingers that type without pain

* A smile
I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving.  Psalm 69:30 



Won't you take a moment and drop by? Visit with others who are sharing Multitudes On Mondays?




1 comment:

  1. When an overwhelming week is before you also realize that God is already there ahead of you taking care of things. Put it all into His hands and as you said take a deep breath! Then, you can take on the challenges of the day/week one step at a time. Blessings to you this week. May you feel and experience His wonderful presence!

    ReplyDelete