Monday, May 16, 2011



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="183" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]A set of small wind chimes[/caption]


"God is great

God is good

Let us thank Him..."

Here I am on yet another gray and drizzly Monday. Spring of 2011 will go down as one of the wettest EVER. I am learning to become one with the rain. Even though it isn't sunny and bright this morning, I can still give thanks. Thankfulness is a choice.

I choose to give thanks. God has blessed me in so many ways. He deserves all my thank you's, because all good things come from Him. Without Him there is nothing.

*the sink full of weekend dishes (this means the family had food to eat)

*a dishwasher that needs emptied (this means I was busy having fun this weekend and didn't have time for unloading the dishwasher)

*a pile of towels on the laundry room floor (we have plenty)

*being able to hear my wind chimes outside the kitchen window (the chimes play part of the song, Amazing Grace)

*a bowl full of oranges (just pretty)

*the smell of cinnamon (even if it is because we've sprinkled cinnamon around the window sills because supposedly ants don't like cinnamon...and we are trying to stave off the migration)

*some good deals at local yard sales this past weekend (a collector Boyd's bear, in excellent condition is pure gold)

*birthdays (mine is Tuesday and my son's is Thursday....each time this week rolls around, I am so thankful. I remember what a wonderful "late" birthday present I got in 1995.)

*the year I turn 43

*times to celebrate

*a busy, but happy week ahead

*good news

*God's amazing grace

*I am loved by the King

*He sees me...really sees me. I am known.

*family that I love

*starting a woman's book club

*an opportunity

*summer around the corner

*it's all good

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 NIV

Won't you join us in thanksgiving?



No comments:

Post a Comment