Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A New Creation



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Alphaomega[/caption]


This is the third post I've attempted this morning. The other two posts I saved for another day.

Over at A Holy Experience we are talking about new life. What does this mean to me?



I thought I might write something bookish or scholarly...but, it fell flat.

So, I've decided to just be blunt. Plain. Open my heart. Tell about new life, in the only way I know how.

Living a new life in Christ...as a follower of Jesus.

Jesus. The name above all names.

"Therefore, God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 NIV

The Jewish people called him, Yeshua. As a Christian, I call Him God's Son. King of kings. Lord of lords. The Light of the world. Messiah. Passover lamb. Rock of ages. Shepherd. The Alpha and the Omega. The Way. The Truth. The Life. The living Word. Wonderful Counselor. The Prince of Peace.

He came to this earth as a baby. He walked this earth as a Jewish man. Began His ministry. Boldly proclaimed that He is the Son of the living God. He spoke wisdom, performed miracles, and changed people's lives. Yahweh. God in the flesh. Sacrificed for me. For you. For us all. There is nothing I could have done to save myself. I was unworthy. I needed a Savior. A Redeemer. And yet, His love for me, for us, was so great that ..... He died in my place. He rose again. Is living today, and will one day return.

It is because of Jesus' sacrifice, the fact that He took my place, that I have new life. It is because of Him that I have hope. It is because of Him that I have peace. It is because of Him that I have assurance. There is nothing else in this world that can take His place. Everything else falls flat and empty. It is only through Him that I do not just survive, but truly live.

My life is changed... all because of Him.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation" the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

Do you know Jesus? Not just as a historical character. Not just as a Jewish carpenter. Not just as a character in the Bible. But, as Jesus, the Son of the living God. He wants to know you.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in..."  Revelation 3:20 NIV

3 comments:

  1. Amen. He is my all in all. I can do no good thing without his Holy Spirit living in me. Thank you for sharing your heart, His truths, his glory. Blessings, sweet Dawn. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] A New Creation (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] A New Creation (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com) [...]

    ReplyDelete