Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Juggling Is Not My Thing



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Jongleur Spanien Circus Balls[/caption]


Juggling, really is not my thing. I always drop the balls. I might try again, but most likely one ball will go shooting off in one direction and another will hit the floor. Sigh.

In the big scheme of things whether or not I can juggle really doesn't matter. I'm not planning on joining a three ring circus anytime soon. (Although on really difficult days, I will admit, the thought has crossed my mind.)

How many times have I tried to juggle things in my life? Not balls, or fruit..... but, schedules, lists, quiet time, responsibilities, friends? How many times have I allowed certain things to crash to the ground because I realized that I can't do it all?

Drum roll, please....I'm not perfect.

If you are anything like me, you aren't perfect either. Isn't it refreshing to be able to say that? Just to admit it? Embrace it? ......Big, deep breath.

There have been many times where I don't get everything accomplished in a day.  There are things that I had planned, that didn't get finished... Or even get started, for that matter. I feel overwhelmed. A failure. What is the matter with me? Why can't I be super wife? Mom? Friend?

I read something recently that was a great reminder ---I can't do it all. I shouldn't expect that I would be able to do everything. What a relief!  Life is far too fleeting to sweat the small stuff. Now, if I could just remember that on a daily basis.

On that note, here is my list for today:

* Life is short, whether we live an hour or one hundred years...in the scope of eternity, it's all short. Enjoy it, for the time you have.

*Value each moment. Don't rush. Slow down. Take it all in.

* Pay attention to the things that matter.

* Tell those you love that you love them. You need to say it, and more importantly, they need to hear it.

* Life is not an emergency, stop acting like it is.

* Give yourself a break. Perfection is not really any fun.

* Thank God for each day...no matter what kind of day you're having. Each moment is a gift. Priceless...

* God is so good. It's all by His grace. His sweet, amazing grace.

Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment