Monday, May 9, 2011



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Michael S. via Flickr"]Sunlight through Window[/caption]


The  sun shines in the front kitchen windows.

I feel it warm on my back as I sit at the counter.

Early morning. A new day. A new week.

Ripe with promise. Possibilities.

Praising the Lord. In all things.

* A better nights sleep

* Bright morning sunshine

* Family

* Dog's tail wagging so hard, his whole body sways back and forth

* Cat follows me out to the kitchen

* Mother's Day cards propped on the dining room table

* Sweet words that touch my soul

* Faded, aged kitchen linens that were my grandmother's

* My child writing "promise" on the eucharisteo board

* Expecting a book in the mail

* A phone call with an old friend

* A sister who drives my mom into the city

* For gifted doctors

* For strength in the midst of uncertainty

* For God's reassurance that He is always here with us

* Enjoying this Monday, because I am able...because I can

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  Psalm 100:4  NIV



Won't you join us, and list your gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment