[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Stuck in Customs via Flickr"][/caption]
I have been a big fan of HGTV for forever. I am especially in love with the House Hunters Show. I love looking at other people's houses. I also love to see what real estate is going for in various parts of the country. (or internationally, if I watch International House Hunters...which I do.)
1. I love looking at how other people live.
2. Some people have such good taste.
3. Other people, not so much.
4. Vivid, loud colors and three different types of animal print?
5. Um...whatever floats one's boat, I guess.
6. Paint can always be changed. Thank goodness.
7. Sometimes the buyers are real pieces of work.
8. And I feel sorry for the agent.
9. She didn't build the house. Sorry the bedrooms are smaller than you'd like.
10. She has to stay in your price range.
11. So deal with it.
12. My serious question is this----
13. What do some of these people do for a living?
14. I was watching International HH the other day.
15. The couple was getting a vacation home in some Central American country...
16. The house was around 800,000 dollars.
17. The guy said, "We can probably swing that."
19. For a vacation home?!
20. I suppose I live in the real world.
21. And they are from Mars.
22. I know there are people out there that make about a bazillion, quadrillion dollars a year.
23. I just don't know any of them personally.
24. Today, a young couple (from the USA) were recently married and living in Paris.
25. They wanted to buy a nice apartment in the city.
26. Neither of them looked over, maybe 32?
27. They both worked in the fashion industry.
28. They ended up buying an apartment for $890,000. (U.S dollars)
29. Then they put another $165,000 into renovations.
30. I so must be living in another galaxy.
31. Does anybody else think that is insane, or is it just me?
32. I still like to watch.
33. Even if I think some of the people are kinda nuts...and they have to be in debt up to their eyeballs.
34. I can live vicariously.
35. And then be completely content with my lovely home in the country.
36. Because you know...
37. Home is where you make it.
38. It has a lot more to do with the people, than square footage.
39. And that...
40. Is the most valuable lesson of all.
- 60 reviews of Paris, France (rateitall.com)
- House Hunting Fiction? (dougfrancis.com)
- House Hunters Stickers from HGTV (adaptiveblue.com)
- 50 Blogs That Teach You What to Look for When House Hunting (homeequityloan.net)
- The TV Shows You Really Watch [Truths] (gawker.com)
- a few random thoughts on house hunting (amancine.blogspot.com)
- HGTV's FrontDoor.com Top 10 Home Buying and Selling Tips for Fall (eon.businesswire.com)