Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Rob J Brooks via Flickr"]Happy Birthday Candles on Angel Foods Cake[/caption]


Today is my mom's birthday.

She was born in 1945. A lot of things happened in 1945....

In the Fall of that year my mom made her appearance. She was the fifth child....Ruth Marie.  Her parents would later add two more children to the family, after my mom, for a grand total of seven. Two boys, five girls.

A great many things have happened since that day in October, sixty-five years ago.

Some good.

Some not so good.

All, a part of life.

Happy Birthday Mom.

This is your day.

A day to celebrate you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. First of all Happy Birthday to Mom. If not for her, there would be no Dawn!!! Yay Mom!!!!! Secondly, thank you so much for the award!!!! I am almost done with my responsibilities, so check back at the end of my day (since I'm in California), or tomorrow for my response. Much much love,
    Kim
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete