My "walking buddy" and I are out the door and walking by 6 a.m. in the morning. The past couple of mornings it has been pitch black outside and COLD. I'm trying to convince myself that this early morning exercise is invigorating. As long as I'm layered up, I'm okay...and to tell the truth I like the cold more than I do the hot. Too much heat and humidity just makes me crazy. Crazier than usual...and that is saying something.
1. Walking in the early morning darkness can be a little creepy.
2. I hear things.
3. Things that rustle in the the trees and bushes on the side of the road.
4. Things that probably have hooves, or claws, or teeth.
5. I make myself feel better by reminding myself that they are more afraid of me...
6. Than I am of them. Hopefully.
7. Don't tell me otherwise.
8. I do enjoy the time to talk with my friend.
9. It is very satisfying to solve the world's problems, before breakfast.
10. We are that good.
12. Okay, maybe not...but, we try.
13. And it's good therapy.
14. And way cheaper.
15. Yesterday and today the sky has been crystal clear.
16. Breathtaking, really.
17. I saw 2 shooting stars yesterday.
18. And 3 more today.
19. There is something about looking into the heavens...
20. Realizing how small I actually am.
21. In the big scheme of things.
22. It makes me in awe
23. Of He who created the stars in the skys
24. And calls each by name.
- Understanding What is a Shooting Star (brighthub.com)