Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shooting Stars



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="159" caption="Image by Jasen Miller via Flickr"]North Star Circa RMNP[/caption]


My "walking buddy" and I are out the door and walking by 6 a.m. in the morning. The past couple of mornings it has been pitch black outside and COLD. I'm trying to convince myself that this early morning exercise is invigorating. As long as I'm layered up, I'm okay...and to tell the truth I like the cold more than I do the hot. Too much heat and humidity just makes me crazy. Crazier than usual...and that is saying something.

1. Walking in the early morning darkness can be a little creepy.

2. I hear things.

3. Things that rustle in the the trees and bushes on the side of the road.

4. Things that probably have hooves, or claws, or teeth.

5. I make myself feel better by reminding myself that they are more afraid of me...

6. Than I am of them. Hopefully.

7. Don't tell me otherwise.

8. I do enjoy the time to talk with my friend.

9. It is very satisfying to solve the world's problems, before breakfast.

10. We are that good.

11. Really

12. Okay, maybe not...but, we try.

13. And it's good therapy.

14. And way cheaper.

15. Yesterday and today the sky has been crystal clear.

16. Breathtaking, really.

17. I saw 2 shooting stars yesterday.

18. And 3 more today.

19. There is something about looking into the heavens...

20. Realizing how small I actually am.

21. In the big scheme of things.

22. It makes me in awe

23. Of He who created the stars in the skys

24. And calls each by name.

25. Peace

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! I just wanted to let you know I have passed a blog award on to you for having such a great blog, and I linked to your blog from mine. Cheers! :)

    http://www.everparent.com/rants/2010/10/06/i-won-i-won-not-sure-what-i-won-but-i-won-it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is COLD... Matter of fact my offer always stands you know the one where I let you walk and I could drive along side and we could still solve the worlds problems :)
    And I do agree the therapy in the walking and talking is much cheaper than being "shrink wrapped :)" ( Cindy's term... Ha ha ha )
    The winter skies always seem to be prettier ! AMEN ?

    ReplyDelete