Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cartoon Saturdays



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Bugs Bunny's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.[/caption]


My son asked me the other day about a cartoon. I don't know where he had seen it, but it was a cartoon from the 70's. It got me to thinking...

1. I remember getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons.

2. That was when cartoons only used to come on, on Saturday mornings.

3. That was before Cartoon Network, or Nickelodeon.

4. Remember... Hong Kong Phooey

5. Super Buggy

6. Jabber Jaws

7. Classic Scooby Doo

8. Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester and Tweety?

9. After I took that little trip down memory lane

10. I also remembered watching The Kroft Super Show on Saturday mornings.

11. So, through the power of  Youtube, I found some old clips.

12. I laughed so hard that I got the hiccups.

13. It was so 70's...

14. In a scary, psychedelic sort of a way.

15. The "adults" on the show were singing dressed in leotards,and covered with glitter.

16. Weird.

17. Remember H.R. Puff an Stuff?

18. Witchie Poo always scared me.

19. Sigmund The Sea Monster?

20. The 70's shows were freaky...

21. I managed to survive that era.

22. When my son was young (in the late 90's)

23. We used to watch Johnny Bravo and Two Angry Beavers.

24. Those were funny.

25. My oldest son showed me Roadents (spelled that way) on Hulu.  It's about two guinea pigs named Pee Pee and Buttercup that drive a 1983 Winnebago on road trips.

26. I can't remember the names of the creators.

27. But, they have my sense of humor...and excellent taste, if I do say so myself.

28. Hilarious stuff.

29. Being a child in the 70's wasn't so bad.

30. It gave me really great taste in cartoons.

31. Now, my big cartoon fun is with Hoops and Yoyo

32. I stand at the card aisle at Walmart and play all the sound cards.

33. Hoops and Yoyo are my favorite.

34. They always make me smile.

35. So, if you ever buy me a card, make sure it has Hoops and Yoyo on it. It gets me every time!

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean only on Saturdays?!?! My sister and I would get up at like 5 am on Sunday to watch Popeye and there was this man who would draw pictures and read letters from kids in between the episodes. And you know what's funny? My mom HATED Popeye because she thought it was 'violent.'

    ReplyDelete