Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stick It In The Microwave

Sorry that I haven't blogged in several days. When I'm up here in Ohio my schedule is all messed up and blogging is not at the top of my list. (Staying warm, working at the house site, and trying to sleep are top priorities)
Speaking of staying warm....I read something on a mom site about just that thing. You can imagine that I took time to read it! This mom suggested buying some tube socks and uncooked rice. Pour the uncooked rice into the tube sock until it is fairly full, then knot the top of the sock. Pop the rice filled sock in the microwave for a couple of minutes (depending on the microwave) and Wa La! one has a nice little "heater" to put under the bed covers to warm the feet. It wasn't very expensive and now at least the kids and Scott and I can have toasty toes. These will also be good to use for an achy back, a sore neck, or to be used like a heating pad. These are just as good, and a lot less expensive then the similar ones that can be found at the store.
I guess that is it for now...hopefully, I'll be able to find some time tomorrow for blogging. I miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment