Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sometimes He Calms His Child

Sometimes things happen in our lives. Things that rock us to our very core. A death of a loved one, an unsettling diagnosis, a lost job, a broken relationship. One steps back and asks, "Why me?" But then God quietly whispers, "Why not you?" It is easy to praise God when all is going well in life. It is harder when life is leaving you bruised and broken. That is the time when one must decide if the God that he/she serves is bigger then any problem that can come their way. Being a Christian does not mean life will always be perfect. We all live in an imperfect world where pain and loss are often an uninvited guest... because I am a Christian and have a real relationship with Jesus Christ...I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He will never leave me nor will He forsake me. The closer I stay to Him, the safer I will be... No matter what storm comes my way.

One of my all time favorite songs is entitled, Sometimes He Calms The Storm by singer Scott Krippayne. I have added a verse of his song to today's blog. This song is a wonderful reminder of how the Lord will take care of me, and for all of us that call on His name.

Music
http://www.scottkrippayne.com/audio/SometimesHeCalms.mp3


Lyrics to Sometimes He Calms The Storm by Scott Krippayne

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong
Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control
Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child
He has a reason for each trial
That we pass through in life
And though we're shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ
No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place

No comments:

Post a Comment