Friday, January 9, 2009

My Bucket List--Part 3

Well, it was definitely a lot harder then I thought to come up with things for my bucket list.
I am sure this list will change over time but for now here are things that I really want to accomplish before I "kick the bucket".

1. Complete journals for each of the children. ( I've kept a journal for Kendrick since I was 5 months pregnant. I plan on giving him his journal when he turns 21.) I am keeping a journal for Bradley and Breanna from the time that they came into my life, three years ago. The journals are full of memories and (hopefully) bits of wisdom and things that I would like them to know about me and the world in general.

2. Hand write a letter to each of my family members and friends, telling them what they mean to me. Hand written letters can be saved and reread. They are much more personal then electronic media. (Besides, after I am gone there is something about having something in my own writing that will mean something to them, I hope.)

3. Meet and befriend at least one new person a year. Learn new things from them. Make contact with old friends that I've lost touch with.

4. Volunteer. (with children, the elderly, special needs individuals) Make a positive difference.

5. Read my Bible all the way through....Begin and actually finish.

6. Write down a blessing a day. Put it somewhere I will see it.

7. Travel to all 50 states. Go down the back roads. Visit small town U.S.A. Meet people. Hear their stories. Enjoy the journey.

8. Write a book. I have so many books in my head. I need to get them on paper.

9. Paint a beautiful picture.

10. Watch all the old, classic movies. (mostly from the 40's...an excellent decade for movies.)

I'm going to start working on my bucket list. To all of you who read my blog....no I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. I hope I am blessed with a long and wonderful life. I hope to see my children grown, and be able to play with my grandchildren. I desire to celebrate many anniversaries with my husband. I plan on many happy memories yet to be made with family and friends.......... But it's never too late, or too soon to get started on the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment