Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Men...And Other Scary Animals



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Carlo Nicora via Flickr"]A couple in the dark[/caption]


I like men. I actually love some of them. I think that a lot of time men get "bad raps" in the media. Not fair. They have a lot of good qualities that oft times get overlooked. On this note, I am dedicating today's blog to my loving husband and sons, and all the other men out there that make the world a more crazy...eh hem....delightful place. I would also like to state for the record that this blog is MY opinion, and on MY blog that is the only one that counts. If you are a male basher don't read this blog---because I am all about flowers and sunshine:)

1. Men like to fix things. This is very helpful to me when I have no clue as to what I am doing. "Honey, the thing- a- ma- bobber just fell off the what-cha-ma-call-it....do you think you can fix that for me? Sure. ( I love him!)

2. Unless the food is completely toxic and inedible men will give it a try...and sometimes ask for seconds. I love that they are not so picky.

3. Men are usually good with calculations. Math is not really my forte'. Well, upper level math is not my forte' is what I should say. I also appreciate my husband's precision when measuring for whatever it is that he is building for me.

4. Men are great foot warmers in bed. Most of the time they don't complain, even if one's feet are cold, most of the time they are just glad that you are snuggling with them.

5. Most men work really hard in their chosen career. (or even if it's not their chosen career) They want to provide for their family. It makes them feel good--which in turn makes the family feel good:) Which makes them feel good. Which makes us feel good. See the circle of love?

6. Most men are really about 12 years old mentally. Some people see this as an obstacle that needs to be overcome. I see it as well.....let's just say that burping contests, lawn mower races and wrestling each other to the floor is dangerous after a certain age, and leave it at that.

7. Men can look totally cute in the morning...even right after getting up. The messy hair and unshaven face just add to the mystique.

8. Men like to have female friends. Why do you think that so many men get married? 'Cause they love us, girls. They really do. They realize how cool we actually are and they like to hang with us. This shows they obviously have good taste, right?

9. They are brave and courageous. Even if they are scared out of their wits they, most of the time, will be the one to get up and "see" what the scary noise is out in the living room. They also crawl under houses to fix things...braving snakes, possums, mice, or other vermin. They are supermen!

10. They are fun to have around and they make us laugh. They help to make the world a little more goofy, and less tense of a place.

11. They are not rattled when they take a wrong turn. "We'll just drive around until we see something familiar."

12. There is nothing better than a hug. Even if he is stinky, and sweaty and in need of a shower. ( I wonder if he will use that new lavender shampoo I just bought?)

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Men are indeed handy to have around to fix the what-cha-ma-call-its and I most definitely have to agree with them being the mental age of 12! Eternally goofy they are indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sigh) I second those emotions times 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of this! LOL And fixing thingamabobs and whatchamacallits is definitely a perk to being married. My mother always told me to marry a carpenter or a plumber, so I married a man who was both (with a healthy dose of web geek thrown in.) Now I have someone who can fix up a blown up toilet AND my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete