Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Boot Camp



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]At sea aboard USS Bataan (LHD 5) Sept. 24, 200...[/caption]


A couple of years ago my sister in law told me about a workout called T-Tapp. I tried to stay focused on the exercises but, at the time we were beginning to build a new house out of state, pack boxes, and things were just crazy. To say the least.  This is not to mention I didn't have a square foot of space to exercise in. That is not an exaggeration.

I am now ready. I was going to start boot camp last week, but could not find my DVD. I'm happy to say that my daughter located it and we had our first session last evening. This is how it went...

1. Teresa Tapp is older than I am, but the woman is perky.

2. I would like to be perky.

3. When I am bending my knees, tucking my butt, and pushing my shoulders back...

4. Not so much.

5. Perky is not the word that comes to mind.

6. I won't say what comes to mind.

7. I'm doing the 14 day boot camp.

8. This is not like summer camp.

9. More like a concentration camp.

10. That's okay, though.

11. I am focused this time.

12. When I'm truly focused, I am like a dog with a bone.

13. I won't give up.

14. Even if it kills me.

15. And it might.

16. Honestly, Teresa Tapp is spot on when it comes to working muscles layer by layer.

17. She comes from a physical therapy/exercise physiology background.

18. She gets it.

19. And I appreciate that.

20. She also promises loss of inches.

21. I'm all about fitting into my skinny jeans, again.

22. Don't laugh.

23. I have a goal.

24. My new motto is, "Best I Can Be By 43 or Die Trying"

25. That's snappy, huh?

26. In the meantime my 15 year old daughter and I are going to be the workout queens.

27. Or maybe I should say, "Queen and princess."

28. Last night we thought we were dying...I, for one, was in need of resuscitation.

29. The men in the family might have found us curled up in a fetal position.

30. Twitching.

31. Mumbling about tucking out butt.....

32. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

33. Because we are women.

34. And we are tough.

35. And we will be fit and fabulous in no time.

36. If we aren't dead first, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment