Sunday, September 26, 2010

Clunk...Clunk



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Gone-Walkabout via Flickr"]Ground Hog[/caption]


This past week there was a tragic death.

It was a hit and run.

Well, really not run.

More of a hit and "clunk...clunk"

My oldest son and I were driving on our way back home from school.

We were talking and laughing

Almost home

When a kamikaze ground hog ran right in front of the van.

I tried to swerve

Mr. Ground Hog must have swerved too

Which was not in his favor.

Thud. Clunk. Clunk.

My son looked. I looked.

We could see no dead ground hog on the road.

This leaves us with two morbid scenarios.

One, he was badly injured and ran off into the ditch to meet his maker.

OR...he is still stuck up underneath the van.

My son thinks it is the latter.

I don't know.

Which is kind of gross.

If that is the case, I hope he doesn't fall off at some inopportune time.

This is my life.

Other people might lose oil, or a muffler, or something mechanical off their vehicle.

No, not me. I lose ground hog parts.

Eeewwwwww.......

Sorry, Mr. Ground Hog...but why did you run into my tire?

1 comment: