Monday, February 2, 2009

Learning About What Is Important

I've discussed before that I am a fan of Philip Gulley--the writer of small town life and creator of heart warming stories. I don't necessarily agree with all of his theology (he is a Quaker leader) but I am touched by his everyday observations. I found some of his Front Porch Talks from Indiana's PBS, online. I was touched by all of them....but especially the last "show" on contentment (they are only 3-5 minute snippets). Mr. Gulley talks about his mother in law, Ruby. She is a woman that knows what it is to be content in whatever the circumstance. We would all do well to take away this lesson. Listen to the show, it's only a few minutes long.....it will cause you to think about what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment