Friday, January 18, 2008

Video Games Can Cause Brain Damage

Okay, so maybe they really don't CAUSE brain damage, to the participant that is.....maybe just to the parent that happens to be beating her head against the wall as she tries to pry her obsessed children off of a game. Maybe I'm just old but I don't get this whole "virtual world" thing. Isn't the real world enough of a challenge? I think so. But that is just my opinion. Hey, this can't be so difficult....I could make a virtual reality game. Forget the young kids, I'd make my game for the parents. In this game the virtual kids would wait on their parents. AND they would smile while doing it! Virtual mom would get extra points for every extra 15 minutes she stayed in bed. She would earn more points for picking out the most flattering outfit to wear. (wearing sweatpants and T-shirts is a deduction in points) Dad would earn more peace and quiet points while he was working. ( a point deduction for each interruption from his virtual family members...double point deduction for any major calamity such as broken bones, throwing up, or blood loss.)

If the entire family survived and had at least the minimum number of points at "graduation" of the virtual children then the family earns a mega vacation to someplace warm and exotic. Aaahhhh.....now that is my kind of game.

1 comment: