Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just What I Needed

My sister gave me a moms devotional book for Christmas. I have enjoyed reading it, as it is very practical to life's situations. Today's verse is from Galations 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." That verse really spoke to me this morning. I know that those of you that are moms can relate. The kids are on break from school, they are hyped up on sugar from too many holiday sweets, they are not on their normal schedule, and they are making a mess of the house. They are messy, loud, and on my last nerve. I love them but they are driving me crazy!!

Don't give up. One day I will reap a harvest. Thank you Lord for the wonderful opportunity to be a mom. Thank you for the time I have with my children. Thank you for the chance You have given me to make a positive difference in their lives. They don't always appreciate me or the multitude of things I do for them. Sometimes they gripe when I require them to follow through on a chore. But I know they are glad that I am here. I know they love me. When I get frustrated I need to remember this verse. I need to recite this verse. I need to hold this verse in my heart. One day my children will be grown and I will wonder where the time went...

No comments:

Post a Comment