Friday, January 4, 2008

Freaky Friday

Today was a good day. I spent the morning at Build A Bear with my young nieces. I laughed as they picked out their animals, stuffed and fluffed them, and then picked out the outfits. All the animals were decked out in girlie shirts and skirts and fuzzy slippers and rhinestones except for my youngest nieces monkey. Her monkey was decked out in overalls and cowboy boots and hat. (of course the boots were pink!) I enjoyed my time with them.

After that it was lunch at Chili's. Yummy. I came home and put dinner in the crock pot. (as I said yesterday the person who invented the slow cooker deserves a kiss!) Tonights dinner a la' Dawn was another great recipe...pork chops in a tomato/brown sugar sauce. How can one go wrong with brown sugar? I took those out and they were so tender. Mmmm.... I know I've been talking about food lately. Sorry. It's only because I'm reading a lot of cookbooks and I get all these new ideas. Hey, my family can only benefit from this, right? My mother in law gave me a subscription to The Taste of Home magazine. I love it. I made their home made hot cocoa recipe. It is delicious. Great for these cold evenings.

Next, I had to go to the library. My book was WAY over due. Opps. I took Breanna and Kendrick with me. Hey, did you know that the library is closed on Friday? I didn't. Opps again. I put my book in the book deposit drawer anyway. I'll pay my fine later. I hope the librarians don't come after me in the meantime. I hope my picture doesn't go up on the bulletin board at the library as a delinquent book returner. I don't want a record.

After that was a stop by McKay's Used Books. It is a huge warehouse. I could stay there for a while. Breanna got several books to read and some computer programming books. Kendrick got some Star Wars books and I picked up this really good book about ADHD. It was written by a man who is ADHD himself. From what I've skimmed of it so far, it looks like it will be a good book.

Finally, Scott and I went to the mall. He got me a new cell phone. Now, I am not a cell phone junkie nor do I need for my phone to do everything but take my bath for me. BUT I did need a new phone. I'm telling the truth. My old one had cracked and the hinge broke. My flip phone was literally hanging on by a thread. It was pretty funny when I answered my phone and the bottom half was sort of, uhh...... just hanging there. (as the guy was selling us the phone he was talking about his phone that he used to talk to people, an MP3 to listen to his music, email/text, and a GPS etc.etc. I was thinking to myself, "my how things have changed. When I was at growing up at home we had a rotary dial phone in the kitchen. We could carry the phone with us, only because we had an extra long phone cord. We actually used the phone to talk to people, and what's even funnier is that, that is the only thing the phone did! Actually use the phone just to talk to people. That is so yesterday!" )

We went to Wal-mart to return some jeans and then stopped and got some coffee at our favorite coffee spot and then back home. We finished our evening with several games of Boggle of which I lost all of them. Scott laughed at me, why I put up with this mental abuse I will never know. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment