Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rambling On

First thoughts as I sit down to write.... Fix it and Forget It Cookbook is GREAT!! I've mentioned before that I love slow cookers. I would kiss whoever invented them. My crock pots are filled right now with a pot roast and another one has creamy potatoes. Yum. It smells delicious. Hey, by the way, I thought I'd share with you that last night I used the super duper Kitchen Aid mixer when I made my "made from scratch" cookies. Chocolate Fudge cookies if that gives you any clue. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. On my behalf I would like to say that I am trying to get rid of all the extra holiday ingredients that I had left over from the month of December. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. I liked the mixer. It did all the work for me, which of course is a huge plus in my book.

This morning I took Kendrick to the orthodontist. Now, normally I am so organized. Really. Anyone who knows me knows this to be true. I hardly go anywhere without my Daytimer/Organizer book. I was so on it this morning! Kendrick and I were up and out the door. We drove all the way to the orthodontist office--got mostly green lights--We were going to be 10 minutes early. I was so proud. I was patting us on the back. Then Kendrick attempted to open the door to the office. It was locked. Then I remembered!! The orthodontist had moved over the Christmas holidays. I had totally forgotten. Well, I was still determined that we were going to be on time. Resembling the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Kendrick and I jumped back into the car and did a big U-turn in the parking lot, kicking up some dust as we sped off to the new office. I am proud to say that I made it to the new office, and had us walking through the door RIGHT ON TIME. Now is that good or what? Kendrick had a good visit as his mother sat smugly outside in the waiting room.

After the orthodontist we went by Wal-mart. I figured as the mom I should probably buy some food and feed my family. I suppose that is kind of expected. After all they do need to eat. I guess the leftover salsa and cheese in the back of the refrigerator probably wouldn't make that great of a meal. I wonder how long that has been there? It doesn't have anything growing on it. Yet. Hmmm......I bet I could make a pretty good dip out of that. I think I'll throw it in the crock pot....... Just kidding. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment