Monday, January 10, 2011

What A Wonderful World



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by IronRodArt - Royce Bair via Flickr"]Earth and North America from Space[/caption]


 

How many times do we stop in our busy lives...really stop...and enjoy the world that God has created? HIS handiwork is a beautiful thing. Each season brings beauty of its own. I am constantly amazed at the beauty of trillions of sparkling stars in the onyx night sky. The sight of falling snow quietly blanketing the world, reminding me to slow down. The green of springtime, the color burst of Fall. Rainy days, and hot sticky nights.

It truly is a beautiful world.

 

Louis Armstrong knew something about beauty.

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
(George Weiss / Bob Thiele)

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment