I am a recovering furniture mover. I used to constantly change my furniture set up. I'd get tired of the couch being in front of the window, so I'd move it to the wall. The chair didn't look good in the corner anymore so I'd set it over next to the end table. It was an illness of which I could find no cure.
My late husband drove a truck. The hours for a truck driver are bizarre...sometimes he would get in, in the middle of the night. I'd be awakened by a bang and a thump and a few mutterings under his breath. Opps. I guess he didn't see that I moved the recliner over to the other side of the room. He never knew what to expect from me.You'd think he would have learned to flip on the lights to check out the layout of the room before preceding into the house.
The past several years I haven't had the opportunity to move furniture on a near monthly basis. Before we moved, the old house was stacked with boxes. No space to move anything. Once we moved to the new house and unpacked everything, rearranging furniture seemed a chore. The couch has stayed in the same place for the past year and a half. It makes me nervous. Sigh.I've worked more on accessories. Easier to move. Less back strain.
Last night I got a little twitch while looking at my library/office. I'm thinking that I want to move the sofa and desk and scoot a few book shelves around. This could be dangerous. It is driving me nutty. I'm not going to be satisfied until I do something. Anything. I'm becoming desperate.
Why must furniture moving be my addiction? I'm going to end up with a hernia and sore muscles.
Is there such a thing as furniture intervention?
- Modern Furniture : Jufuku Collection by Kenyon Yeh (chictip.com)
- Slow Sofa by Frederik Roijé (design-milk.com)
- Colosseum sofa (boingboing.net)
- Organic Sofa Beds and Organic Mattresses and Futons Now Available to Everyone (prweb.com)
- Modern Furniture : Fossa Sofa by Aurélien Barbry for COR (chictip.com)
- Space Planning: How To Decide On Your Furniture Arrangement (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Children's Furniture : Art Center by Guidecraft (chictip.com)
- Interiors: Beat winter blues with fun tape projects (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Does A Traditional Couch Appeal Rather Than A Fatboy Beanbag (mydecorarticles.com)
- Modern Bathroom : G-Full by Hatria (chictip.com)
- How to find the best fitted furniture. [Anna Masiar] (ecademy.com)
- Transformer Furniture Goes Mainstream in New York Times (treehugger.com)
- Furniture Rearrangement Addiction Syndrome (socyberty.com)
- Built-In Cooler Adds Convenience to Furniture for Serious Armchair Quarterbacks (prweb.com)