Friday, January 14, 2011

Today In Time



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Inside the Walmart (still branded as Wal-Mart)...[/caption]


~ Friday, January 14, 2011

Outside my window. . .it is snowing. It seems like just about every day since December 1st, it has been snowing. Global Warming, uh huh. Yeah.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am thinking. . .that I need to go to Walmart today. The family is in need of some groceries. I hate grocery shopping. It depresses me. Everything is so expensive. Plus, I'd like to be more creative with food selection, but Walmart is not really about creativity. Sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~
From the learning room. . .my kids are up and are not happy that they don't have the day off (for teacher inservice) like the public schools. Such is the plight of the homeschooler.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am thankful for. . .a lot of things. Currently, a warm house and cozy jammies.
~~~~~~~~~~
From the kitchen. . .I smell the orange scented detergent in the dishwasher. I'm so thankful for whoever created the dishwasher. Really. Seriously. I could kiss him. (or her?)
~~~~~~~~~~
I am wearing. . .my Christmas pajamas. My mom bought them for me. They are the softest pj's I own. Very nice.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am creating. . .a legacy. For better or for worse.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am going. . .to watch a movie tonight with the family. We don't do this often enough.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am reading. . .an excellent book by Ken Ham. Basically, it's about If God is Loving, why do people suffer? I know heavy stuff. That is just how I am. Not afraid to tackle the hard things in life.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am hoping. . .that our mini van doesn't break down on our day trip tomorrow. It is held together with bubblegum and rubber bands. And prayer. Okay, so maybe the first two are a lie. The third is not.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am hearing. . .Fox and Friends on the morning news. I enjoy FOX. Yes, they are conservative. I am conservative, so it works.
~~~~~~~~~~
Around the house. . .the usual morning rituals are going on. Coffee brewing. Children crunching cereal. Dog and cats begging for some petting. Morning news on.
~~~~~~~~~~
One of my favorite things. . .quiet time to myself. Definitely. Silence doesn't bother me.
~~~~~~~~~~
A few plans for the rest of the week. . .grocery shopping, movie night, pick up daughter from her visit with her cousins, church, trip to the vet, home school. That's all I've got right now. That I know of....because it can always change....and usually does.
~~~~~~~~~~
Find out more about the Simple Woman’s Daybook at this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment