[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by Jo and Paul's pics via Flickr"][/caption]
The saga continues...
I came out to the kitchen this morning, flipped on the lights and turned the coffee pot on. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the "dark shadow" zip behind the refrigerator. As I came around the corner of the cabinets I saw Nikki sitting there like a statue. Her eyes glued to the small area around the fridge. She heard it too. She wanted it. She licked her chops.
I hear it moving around behind the refrigerator. It has to come out eventually. Nikki will be waiting. Hopefully. I hope she doesn't give up when we let the dog out (in 10 min.) to use the bathroom. Lonnie is always so energetic in the morning, he might distract Nikki from her job.
Have I mentioned that I hate mice? Seriously.
What if that varmint had run across my foot when I opened the refrigerator door this morning? I would have had a screaming heart attack. The family would have shot out of bed sure that the world was coming to an end....and for me if would have. I would have been laying dead as a doornail on the kitchen floor.
Nikki repositioned...the mouse is now behind the freezer. (We have separate standing refrigerator/freezer) I can hear the little sucker. I think he is watching me type through the vent in the bottom of the freezer, under the door. I thought I heard a snicker.
He's probably scared. Poor little field mouse can't find his way out of this crazy house, big cat waiting on him to make the wrong move, owner of house threatening him bodily harm and laughing manically. Whatever. This war is still on...'cause I'm still thinking about how much mouse poop is probably behind my fridge. Stupid, mouse.
- Simply NOT Acceptable (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Survival Of The Fittest - Part 2 (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- There Is Always Quiet Before The Storm... (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- The Mouse in the House (brassandivory.org)
- Mouse at Home (fiercebeagle.com)
- This Mouse Knows How to Tweet [Science] (gizmodo.com)
- Win This Green Tea Refrigerator from Amana! Holiday Giveaway 2010 (thekitchn.com)
- Refurbishing a refrigerator for fermenting (hackaday.com)
- Bedazzled Freezers - Upgrade Your Kitchen with the Luxe Gorenje Eye-Catcher Refrigerator (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Rules for a Clean Refrigerator (everydayhealth.com)
- Lonnie, The Wonder Dog (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Color in the Kitchen: Lively Refrigerators (thekitchn.com)
- First the 'Fridge,' now the 'Freezer' (blogs.consumerreports.org)
- You tell me: Is this refrigerator ad stupid or really stupid? (copyranter.blogspot.com)