I put it off as long as I possibly could. I didn't want to go there. But I had to do it.
A MOM'S JOB IS NEVER DONE...AND THE JOB CAN GET PRETTY GROSS!
Cleaning Out The Refrigerator 101
1. I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that leftovers have been piling up in the refrigerator.
2. Leftovers that certain people swore up and down that they planned on eating. Uh, huh.
3. Now said leftovers are either moldy, or rock hard and could be used as a weapon.
4. I found detox tea that I had made, well, I can't tell you when I made it. Um....nasty stuff after sitting in the fridge since before time began.
5. In my defense the tea had been shoved to the back of the fridge. Out of sight, out of mind.
6. This never happens to my sweet tea. It is gone in no time, and I have to make more. I'm so pathetic. Sugar, yes. Detox, no. Don't tell anyone.
7. Slices of pizza and old Subway subs do some really funky stuff if left to their own devices.
8. Cheese dip turns to glue.
9. Glue that sticks to you if you happen to get some on you. Not that, that happened to me.
10. The gag reflex is a marvelous thing.
11. How come mom's end up with this job? And most of the stuff "leftover" in there...wasn't even mine!
12. It was a little like Christmas.
13. A little "gift" all wrapped up in aluminum foil.
14. What will the surprise be?
15. Oh, wow. A piece of my son's birthday cake...too bad his birthday was on October 13th!!!
16. No. I am not THAT desperate for chocolate.
17. Thank goodness.
18. After ridding the fridge of all the nasty evidence of my family's slothfulness...
19. I wiped it all down with Clorox wipes. I love those things. Just sayin'.
20. Now, all is well with the world again. And the refrigerator is practically empty. Sigh. Time to start over.
- The sad tale of the leftovers by Busy Mom (busymom.net)
- The Timeline: Fridges (independent.co.uk)
- Fridge Couch is a Recycled Refrigerator Sofa! (inhabitat.com)
- Organize Your Fridge Like a Grocery Store for Always-Fresh Food [Food] (lifehacker.com)
- Stock Up on Storage-Friendly Produce at Your Final Farmers Market (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Replate Your Leftovers (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- From Farm To Fridge To Garbage Can (treehugger.com)
- Turning Kitchen Waste Into Something Sublime (thesimpledollar.com)
- Man protective of his pizza leftovers (upi.com)
- The Endless Fridge Debate: To Clutter or Not To Clutter? (apartmenttherapy.com)