Song Lyrics & Words--Green Acres
Green acres is the place to be.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.
New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.
You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.
Today I am having "Green Acres" moments....
1. DREAM: My deck that I had high hopes for....in my mind I saw the relaxing hammock, a nice cushioned sitting area for my husband and me, to sip our morning coffee, flower baskets hanging off the deck railing. Sigh......
REALITY: The two dogs have taken over the deck. They have flung their dog food all over the place. I trip on dog bowls and boots. The cats lay on the lawn chairs and occasionally puke on the deck when they feel the need. There is mud and dirt tracked all over and forget the flowers, the poor things would never last.
2. DREAM: Acres in the country, wide open spaces.
REALITY: No trees, no windbreaks. Gale force winds that threaten to blow one to Kansas if not careful.
3. DREAM: No street lights so I can see the stars.
REALITY: NO STREET LIGHTS---pitch black darkness, almost tripping and breaking my neck on the way to the barn. I need a flashlight that WORKS.
4. DREAM: Getting back to nature.
REALITY: Lots of wild animals. With hooves, and claws, and teeth. Most of these animals are nocturnal. This means that while I am out wandering around in the dark (see #3) I might run into unknown animal. Also, many, many deer.....that like to cross the road at night when one is driving 50 m.p.h.
5. DREAM: Picturesque farms dotting the countryside.
REALITY: The farms really are beautiful. Sometimes one has to overlook the smell of manure and fertilizer. That is just the way it is:)
Dreams and reality might be a little different....but, I'm still glad we chose to live here. Rural Ohio is beautiful.