Have any of you seen the Stephen King movie, The Mist?
I am a fan of Stephen King. Even though I think he is a bit "off". If you know what I mean. Like one can't write scary, suspenseful, creepy, stories without being a little cracked oneself. I like him anyway. Demented or not.
So anyway, back to The Mist.
It is foggy and thick as pea soup outside. I keep thinking that some sort of giant, spider monster is going to appear in front of the llama field at any moment. Of course I don't believe in huge, man eating spiders that emerge from the fog. Of course not. That would be silly.
My daughter had to go over to the barn to let Jazz out into the field. Jazz is out there somewhere. Poor horse. In the mist. Hopefully, not eaten by a mutant arachnid. Just sayin'.
I was relieved to see my daughter as she emerged from the mist. She was not running, so I assumed nothing scary was chasing her.
I'm straining to see ANY of my beloved llamas....I can't see past our front yard. Maybe they were breakfast for huge spiders. This makes me sad.
Isn't it weird what fog does to people? Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I am the only one freaked out by fog. I don't like not being able to see "what's out there".
I refuse to go outside. I think they can smell fear.
- Over the foggy hill (writteninc.blogspot.com)
- 7 Days of Screenplays (Horror): Day 5 -- The Mist (gointothestory.com)
- Full Dark, No Stars, By Stephen King (independent.co.uk)
- The Walking Dead - U.S. Only Sneak Peek of Episode 3 (dreadcentral.com)
- Peter Steinberg: Stephen King: 9 Must-Reads From 'Flashlight Worthy' (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ridiculously creepy illustrations from Stephen King's new collection [New Books] (io9.com)
- [TV] Stephen King's It (1990) (geeky-guide.com)