Saturday, November 27, 2010

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright...



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="200" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Hallmark Channel Logo[/caption]


I'm watching a holiday movie on the Hallmark Channel. My husband teases me because I become a Christmas movie addict from now until Christmas. Can't help it. I love the holiday movies! I don't care if they are silly, or sappy, or whatever. I could watch them 24 hrs. a day. (and sometimes I do!)

I plan on watching all the classics. Plus I have a couple of old, black and white movies I want to watch (ordered from Amazon)....that I've never seen before. Two I want to see are, The Shop Around The Corner (1940) and It Happened on 5th Avenue (1947).

1. I love the movies where it snows on Christmas .

2. I enjoy small town warmth and friendliness as well as Christmas in the city.

3. I enjoy listening to Bing croon White Christmas.

4. It's nice when George finally understands how blessed he really is.

5. A movie with a holiday romance in Connecticut makes me smile.

6. Who doesn't like a Red Ryder BB gun and a leg lamp?

7. I love Cary Grant as an angel.

8. The classic Christmas cartoons I grew up with, make me nostalgic. (Charlie Brown, Frosty, Rudolph, The Grinch, Kris Kringle)

9. I believe miracles really CAN happen on 34th street.

10. Ghosts that visit in the middle of the night and change a life. "God Bless Us Everyone!"

So, grab a warm blanket, pour yourself a mug of hot chocolate, pop some popcorn and take some time to enjoy some of the fun of the holiday season, by spending some time watching the classics.

1 comment:

  1. good post, Dawn. The Charlie Brown Christmas is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete