Friday, November 26, 2010

Survival Of The Fittest



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by markhillary via Flickr"]Christmas shoppers in the Bullring[/caption]


I'm glad to be able to relate to all my blog readers that I am not dead. I did indeed survive Black Friday from 12 a.m to 7:45 a.m. It was quite a new experience for a newbie Black Friday (BF to those seasoned veterans) shopper like myself. I got good and caffeinated for the excursion ahead. I didn't get sleepy...not even once. It was exhilarating! Walmart, Big Lots, Goody's, and JcPenney. Me and the posse' got some serious door buster sale items. The free stuff was fun too. We got a free ornament at JcPenney. Very cute. Walmart was handing out doughnuts, and five hour energy drinks around 3 in the morning. Cool. All this caffeine never killed anybody. Maybe a twitch or the shakes, but that eventually calmed down, not that that happened to me, you understand.

1. At my Walmart people were in cluster groups. Some things went on sale at midnight. Others not until 5am. People were in packs waiting for the goods. If I were a psychologist I could have done some serious research. It was kind of like reality TV up close and personal.

2. I wasn't there to get anything in particular so I could stand back and watch without putting myself in harms way.

3. Most people I came in contact with were nice. Got into a nice conversation with a lady at bed linens.

4. Bought some nice Christmas gifts. For good deals I might add.

5. Nice Walmart ladies were roaming around the store at 3am, handing out the 5 hr. energy drinks that I mentioned earlier. Nothing like people being hyped up on caffeine AND in a shopping frenzy.

6. We were the first ones....sitting in the JCPenney parking lot at 3 in the morning. They opened at 4am. People began pulling into the parking lot and as it got closer to 4....we all huddled in the freezing cold wind, at the door. They don't call it "door buster" sales for nothing. Just sayin'.

7. Back to Walmart to pick up the stuff that didn't go on sale until 5. Snatched up a couple of deals. Good stuff.

8. Stopped by McDonald's at a little after 5 for some nourishment. And coffee. Woo hoo! Had my second wind. Me and 3 trillion other people.

9. Back out to Big Lots for some Christmas lights and wrapping paper. It was very crowded, but people were nice. Two ladies were snatching up all the child chairs. You know the kind that mirror adult chairs, but are child size. I don't know what one person wants with all those chairs....maybe she has a lot of little people at her house?

10. Finished up at Goody's. Seriously, love this store. And it smelled really good in there.....not that smell had anything to do with the good deals. But, it certainly didn't hurt. It made for pleasant shopping.

Had been awake for 27 hours straight. Came home, sat down in a chair, and promptly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment